For online help click here.
Symphony is a small (light weight) client program downloaded and installed on your local machine that gives direct access to your Safe-mail account without initially launching the browser program. Symphony gives you:
- Easy and secure access to the files stored in the online storage (BriefCase) facility of your Safe-mail account.
- Alerts you when a new message arrives in your inbox with the option to open and answer it.
- Access to all your folders
- Compose new messages
- Access to your Address Book, Calendar, Album, User Information, Preferences and Jotter function.
- The ability to upgrade your Safe-mail account.
Symphony is supplied on request free of charge to all Safe-mail users. Simply click the link here, download latest Symphony (570KB) and follow the prompts.
After you've downloaded and installed the program, double click the Symphony program icon on a computer's desktop and enter your account's name and password. A window appears which shows the General function page of your Symphony program with three tabs along the top; General, BriefCase and Transfers. From the General page, you can select Mail Utilities, Tools and Account Options.
When the BriefCase tab is selected, a window appears which shows the content of your account's Briefcase together with a display of that local computer's disk directories. This converts your Safe-mail account into a secure, convenient, fully backup online storage facility. It also greatly improves the ability to access your critical data from any computer in any location. For those who frequently find themselves working in a different office, you can use your Safe-mail on-line storage as the permanent storage place for your data and a computer as a transient machine to work on your data as required.
Using Symphony's BriefCase window, you can drag and drop files back and forth between your computer's hard disk and your BriefCase and organise your on-line files into hierarchical compartments. By selecting the Transfers tab, you can check the progress of the files which are uploading or downloading.
Here are some of the advantages of using Symphony with your Safe-mail online storage facility:
- Uses the highest level of encryption available preventing unauthorized access
- Fully backed up to a remote center permitting data recovery in the event of a disaster
- Integrated into an email system that enables files to be exchanged with others
- Is accessible anytime from any machine with an Internet connection
- One window display allows files to be dragged and dropped between the local disk and the online storage facility
- With Symphony always running in the background, you're immediately alerted to new emails
- The critical functions of your Safe-mail account are always just one click away to access
Why do you need secure on-line storage?
There are several reasons: computers are now a common-place commodity that are frequently replaced with newer models, suffer disk crashes, get stolen and can be victims to any number of disasters that can permanently rob you of your valuable data. How would you feel if all your digital information was lost? That renders personal computers unsuitable candidates for digital archiving. The answer is to use an on-line storage facility that can ensure security and permanency. Safe-mail's solution provides a seamless extension to your computer's hard disk that eliminates all the risk of data loss and imposes no additional complexity or overhead.
A few facts:
- All communications are fully protected by SSL. Files are encrypted during storage.
- Symphony uses the Brief-Case for data storage. The files and folders of the Brief-Case and Symphony are the same. Your BriefCase allows you to share files conveniently with other people using privilege access tools available from within the BriefCase function itself.
- Symphony is developed in .NET.
To run Symphony, you will need to have Microsoft's Windows XP operating system installed on your computer. In addition to that you will need the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package.
If you don't have the .NET Framework you can download it here: Download Microsoft .NET Framework